Sunday, November 4, 2012

Tonight my roommate informed me that her parents decided that this Christmas, they would use all of the money they would normally spend on gifts for each other, on sending different supplies to those affected by Hurricane Sandy. I was so unbelievably touched. Especially because I know many people who are in need of things because of how badly they were affected. I am so incredibly grateful for that decision of theirs. I am also so grateful for all of the people that have been offering aid and support to the victims of this natural disaster. We should always be trying to reach out and help others in big and small ways. We should be reaching out in any way that we can. We should always be following the example of Christ: to love and serve everyone. My heart still goes out to all of those in the place I call home who are still suffering from this event.
On an unrelated note, the Walking Dead was crazy tonight and blew my mind. I cried and cried when Lori died. And Daryl! Oh, my heart.
I can't wait for Lincoln to come out.
I also can't wait for Thanksgiving.
It'll be swell.

No comments:

Post a Comment