Thursday, November 1, 2012

I voted! I sent in my absentee ballot on Tuesday and I just feel wonderful. This was my first time voting so I was very excited. I do believe that voting is a privilege to be taken advantage of. Right when I turned 18 I registered to vote. And I sent for my absentee ballot about two months ago. It feels good to have completed my civic duty.
My home state was just hit by a huge hurricane. My family was extremely fortunate to have not received any severe damage. Though the surrounding cities were not as lucky. There were tons of homes and buildings destroyed due to the flooding and winds. It has definitely been a terrible experience NJ has never forgone. However, I have great faith in my home state to rebuild what once was and regain their reputation as a place of wholesome family-fun.
NJ often takes a beating when it comes to its stereotypical reputation. However, since I have lived there my entire life I know there is much more to the people and the places. It was extremely saddening to me to see the results of this storm and the effects it has had on my neighbors.
It has helped open my eyes even more, though. I am certain these are the last days. I know there is much I need to do to prepare. Despite this unfortunate and terrible disaster, we will all come out stronger and even more prepared for when Christ comes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment