Sunday, October 7, 2012

What a wonderful weekend full of spiritual growth! I love conference. I love every second of it. And I definitely gained a lot from all 4 sessions.
Friday afternoon I decided I would buy a candy bar and give it to someone sitting by themselves in the Wilk. I saw a girl all the way in the back against the windows by herself. I was a bit nervous, but I walked over to her, tapped her on the shoulder and said, "This is for you. I hope you have a wonderful day." And she looked me in the eyes and said, "Thank you." It was such a simple gesture that took all of three seconds. But it made me feel so good about myself that I added some sort of goodness to her day. With the candy bar I included a note that read, "I hope this little gift can do a little something for you today. You are loved. Happy conference weekend."
Sometimes people don't need candy bars, but they do need to be reminded that they are always loved.
I certainly don't show my love for my brothers and sisters enough each day. I don't reach out enough. I don't serve enough. I felt so good after giving her that and knowing that her appreciation was sincere.
I really want to work on being a better person in every way; but I especially want to work on just doing simple deeds each day for others. Charity never faileth!
A happy day, a happy life indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment