Sunday, September 9, 2012

work hard, play hard.

Yesterday I worked the Legacy Tent during the football game for BYU Catering. While I was handing out soft drinks to guests with a frozen arm from continuously reaching into the cooler of ice, a stranger approached me and handed me an envelope. She told me it was for the smile I kept on my face the whole day while passing out these drinks. I guess she thought that was a pretty difficult task. It was....
Inside the envelope was a $50 gift card to Wal Mart. I couldn't even believe my eyes.
Hard work pays off. Hard work is essential. And if you do your hard work without complaining and even with a smile on your face, it not only will be less hard, but it will get you noticed. Noticed by someone who just happens to have a $50 gift card to Wal Mart in their purse...
It was such a tender mercy to have received that during a tough day on the job. It helped me work harder and want to work harder. It also made me grateful for hard work.
Hard work is good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment